Monday, August 22, 2011

More 90's? Well since you asked so nicely....

So I'm shufflin' on through my iPhizzle the other day and this song comes up. I would like to formally thank Gob for reminding me and all of us why the 90's ruled so much.

Now I know what you're thinking....so let me stop you right now. "Oh, once you start the 'so-and-so-decade was the best nostalgia' you're just getting old." Not true. Ok, I may be getting slightly older...but it's not just that.

The 90's were the best subset of recorded history and it's a scientific fact....not my opinion. I will prove it to you now with 3 irrefutable points.

This video contains:
1) Pop-Punk
2) Soccer
3) Zombies

I rest my case. Enjoy:










For those of you that are still reading, I salute your endurance.

Now I know there will be a few of you that are whining, "B-B-But that song isn't from the 90's.....it came out in the 2000's.."

Ok, I concede that "I Hear You Calling" first appeared on Gob's "The World According To Gob" released in Jan 2001. But I'm still right...and here's why:

1) The song clearly embodies the spirit of the 90's in every way, shape and form.
2) The song was probably written on tour in '99.
3) The year 2001 is an honorary part of the 90's. The early 2000's were 90's by default.....as they were having an identity crisis. They just hadn't planned on making it past Y2K.

No comments:

Post a Comment